1. Royal Academy - I know, I know sloshua, instituionalizing, blaaah di blah and all that but every time I walk under the archways I can’t help but feel the footsteps of those who have walked before me (corny but true). Also, I have been to some sick exhibitions there, especially the Vincent Van Gogh one which I queued for for like an hour and a half or maybe more reading my Van Gogh letters in the queue, because that is how cool I was at seventeen.
2. Tate Modern - even more majorly lame, down with modernism! but you knowww its the Tate modern, and from uni school trips to dates, this place is somewhere I have ended up in quite a few times. Also, I am in love with the canonical, elitist, disgusting artist timeline on the wall, and may or may not have a mini poster version of it on my room at home. (Which I did annotate because I am cool)
3. Victoria and Albert Museum - I love love love this museum as its as beautiful as everything in it. I love the range of stuff, one time I got lost there and ended up stumbling past a massive life-size reproduction of Trajans column, its just such a cool place. Also love the sartorial stuff being the fashionista that I am. Also my number one place for my dissertation research
4. Tate Liverpool - Liverpool is actually a sick place for art, like Manchester really eats sh*t compared to it art-wise. Why they don’t have an history of art course there is actually beyond me. Also, the Alice of Wonderland exhibition which is the basically the best thing that has happened EVER.
5. Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester - because its practically on my doorstep. I should have boycotted it since the Tracey Emin chess-set disappeared, but then I could have ended up missing the very occasional lectures we have there and I am not bad-ass enough for that.